We offer 2 formats for our workshops:
Photo Adventure Workshops - For the adventure and travel loving photographer
Creative Portrait Photography Workshops - For those who want to make aesthetic, beautiful and creative portraits.
Our aims for both workshop types are the same.
- You are on holiday or took some days to attend our workshop. You shall therefore have an amazing time enjoying yourself while attending our workshops
- You have improved your photography, whether on specific topics or overall. After all, this is why you want to attend a Photo Workshop.
- You shall leave our workshops with amazing images
"I have participated in many photo workshops over the past 20 years, but this one, is the best one ever"
"On this workshop I have actually learnt something. My photographs have improved a lot, and I know now, what I need to work on"
We hear these quotes a lot from our participants and it means that we have found the right balance in creating small group creative photo adventure workshop vacations providing a creative and rewarding learning experience.
It's feedback from our participants which tells us to keep on increasing our workshop programs.
Whether you love to travel- or portrait photography, we invite you to join us on a truly amazing photographic experience of a lifetime.
Read below how we achieve this in our very unique own way for our Photo Adventure Workshops and out Creative Portrait Photography Workshops.
PHOTO ADVENTURE WORKSHOPS
For those who love Adventure Travel Photography.
Photo Adventure Workshops are created around the following
Our mission is to create small group creative photo adventure workshop vacations providing a rewarding learning experience. Our workshops offer you an opportunity to combine a unique vacation, or just a few days off, with a wonderful creative learning experience, a unique blend of hands-on and short casual lectures on a variety of topics, taking home some amazing images.
- Teaching Photography: We are passionate about mentoring and teaching different aspects of photography. We will spend a good amount of time looking at your images and giving you constructive feedback and assist you in selecting your best images. You will become knowledgeable recognising good quality natural light, and how to adjust to low light situations. You will become comfortable photographing strangers no matter where you will go and how to make beautiful environmental Portrait images. You will also receive our Ebook about How to photograph strangers and a list of great photographers to study their work (completely optional). Our final aim is to assist you with making a photographic essay of your journey during the workshop to take back home.
- Enjoying your holiday: Enjoying our time together in a small group, facilitating cultural interaction with the people we meet. You are after all on holiday. We will select - wherever possible - great places to eat and explore the local foods.
- Exploring the roads less travelled: We will aim to avoid places which are too often frequented by large tour groups and instead search and visit hidden gems on the roads less travelled. We visit places that provide truly amazing photographic opportunities in a once in a lifetime journey experience. While we will travel as a group, you will be encouraged to “follow your instincts” independently and explore aspects of each village and town that interests you so that each participant has their own unique experiences to share. We will sometimes walk around as a group, but then other times we may separate from each other while getting caught up in something that personally resonates with our inner self. It’s OK to loose time while photographing.
- Our adventure travel photo workshops are meant for those photographers, of any level, who with an independent and inquisitive mind, are seeking a more immersive learning experience while enjoying exploring what’s hidden around the next corner and documenting the natural beauty and social fabric found along timeless and less travelled paths . Non-photographers are also welcome.
- While none of our travels are physically demanding, the participants should be in good health and ready to walk and explore.
CREATIVE PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
In our Creative Portrait Photography workshops we want you to learn how to create beautiful Portrait images using natural available light and learn the techniques required through short lectures and hands-on practice so that you will leave inspired with enriched knowledge and aesthetic beautiful portrait images.
Creative Portrait Photography Workshops are created around the following
- Teaching Photography: Open to analogue film and digital photographers, we want you to learn how to create beautiful Portrait images. Learning how to find natural available light suitable for portrait images and how to find the correct exposure for your creative purpose. You will also learn the principles of posing that apply in every situation (rather than learning individual poses) and how to find, communicate and work with a model. We will teach through short lectures and hands-on practice so that you will leave inspired with enriched knowledge and beautiful portrait images.
- Short and intensive: Creative Portrait photography workshops are between 1 and 3 days.
- Everything provided: We will provide experienced models or actors/actresses and search for inspiring shooting locations. We will also provide drinks and healthy snacks.
- Easy to reach locations: Our Creative Portrait Photography workshops will be held in large towns or locations which are easy to reach. Therefore minimising your travel times.
- Creative Portrait Photography Workshops are meant for photographers, of any level, who want to create their own Portrait images.